20 Unbelievable Facts That Are Actually Completely True
You might remember learning weird facts in school and questioning the sanity of your teachers.
Well, get prepare to be blown away by some more incredible facts. These may sound totally made up, but they’re actually true.
1. In 1923, a jockey won a horse race despite dying of a heart attack midway through the race.
2. The inside of your mouth is made of the same type of cells as the inside of a vagina. Now there’s something to think about.
3. If you lined up everyone on Earth in a single-file line, the line would wrap around the planet 56 times.
4. One person per week is shot by a toddler.
The largest snowflake ever recorded reportedly measured 15 inches across.
6. More than half of all people will get a sexually transmitted disease in their lifetime.
7. Betty White was born before sliced bread became a thing.
8. The guillotine was still used as a form of execution in France until 1977.
9. Ants outnumber humans 1.5 million to 1.
10. Adolf Hitler is mentioned 7.7 times a month in Congressional meetings.
11. The technology in your smartphone is more powerful than what was in the computers that were used to launch the first space shuttle.
12. Napoleon was 5’6″, which was actually average height for a Frenchman when he was alive.
13. Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho was the first film ever to show a toilet flushing.
14. Female kangaroos have 3 vaginas.
15. Melting glaciers and icebergs make a distinctive fizzing noise known by geologists as “bergy seltzer.”
16. Shortly after stepping foot on the moon, Buzz Aldrin became the first person to urinate on it.
17. Our tongue prints are as unique as our fingerprints.
18. The Dutch village of Giethoorn has no roads. Its buildings are connected entirely by canals and footbridges.
19. The top of the Eiffel Tower can lean up to 7 inches due to the sun expanding the metal it’s made out of.
20. The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine.
Don’t forget to share!
(via Distractify / BuzzFeed)