A dream come true homemade lava cake filled with yummy caramel for caramel lovers. The best part is that this homemade lava cake is so easy to make. If that’s not enough, it also goes well with practically anything so it’s certain to impressed and please even the pickiest of dessert lovers.
Watch the video below and learn how to make this really easy Caramel Lava Cake. Scroll down below to see all the ingredients and instructions.
- Half egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups or 300 gr caramel
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- Icing sugar
- Any Favorite Berries (for decoration)
- If you don’t have store bought caramel, boil 1 can of condensed milk for 2-3 hours.
Preheat the oven at 425F.
- With room temperature butter, brush the inside of each mold or ramekin. A muffin pan can also be used. Add flour and shake well ensuring that all the interior is well coated.
- With a mixer or by hand, whisk the egg and egg yolk until very fluffy and pale. Add caramel and continue whisking until it’s well mixed.
- Add the flour and keep stirring by hand.
- Pour batter into the molds, ensuring some room is left on top. Place muffin pan or the ramekins in a baking pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges look baked. The center should still be quite wobbly.
- Separate cakes with a knife around the edges, while warm. Serve immediately, topped with icing sugar, berries and ice cream.
Please let us know how this turned out for you!