Hackers have leaked some pretty abusive emails they claim were sent by footballing icon David Beckham.
The leaks appear to show Beckham calling the honours committee “unappreciative c**ts”, apparently rejecting lesser honours by saying; “Unless it’s a knighthood f*** off”, reported The Sun… The alleged emails were released by FootballLeaks, basically WikiLeaks for Football.
Football Leaks claim the emails contain the former England captain saying several things that go strongly against his wholesome public image:
– He initially didn’t want to use his own cash to fund his charity, allegedly replying: “I don’t want to put my personal money into this cause”, adding: “To pour this million into the fund, is like putting my own money in. If there was no fund, the money would be for me. This f****** money is mine.”, reports the Daily Mail.
– He demanded UNICEF pay for a £6,685 business class flight despite his sponsors splashing out on a private jet
– David went onto the Jonathan Ross chat show, just to raise the prospect of a knighthood
– Beckham picked the ‘stay’ side in the Scottish independence referendum because he thought it would make him look better to “the establishment”
– He ranted when singer Katherine Jenkins was handed an OBE
– Beckham had plans to make money by being one of the first civilians to go into space
The alleged “leaks” seem almost designed to make David Beckham look like a bit of a dick and unsurprisingly he has hit back through a spokesperson report Digital Spy:
This story is based on outdated material taken out of context from hacked and doctored private emails from a third party server and gives a deliberately inaccurate picture.
David and UNICEF are rightly proud of what they have and will continue to achieve together and are happy to let the facts speak for themselves.
David Beckham already has an OBE but these apparent emails seem to paint him as a man furiously obsessed with the pursuit of a knighthood.
To be fair, there have only been fourteen footballers who have been knighted so Beckham would join an elite list were he also knighted.